Sunday, June 6, 2010

On June 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM I crossed my wake in the Neuse River after exiting Adams Creek. Technically I've finished the loop even though I still have to return to New Bern.
We crossed the Neuse and went into Oriental. Anchored in Green Creek, which is where Drew and I spent the first night on the beginning of the Loop in March of 2009. Later in the afternoon we moved to the City Docks and had a very enjoyable time in Oriental.
On June 5th we left Oriental and headed home. This is a picture of the new bridge and New Bern in the back ground. This was my first view of the completed new bridge from the water.

Allen Hardison, the commodore of ECYC, arranged to have a welcome party help celebrate my arriving home. In addition Debbie (my oldest daughter), Margaret, Laura and Barwick (3 of my grandchildren), came to welcome me home. There is nothing in the world that can take the place of FAMILY and FRIENDS.
This is a poster that Kim made and Allen is holding. I managed to cut the top of his head off in this picture. Sorry about that.

Well, this is the last entry for this fantastic journey that I was fortunate enough to take. Thanks to my family for their understanding and support in my desire to make the Loop. Thanks to David Evans and Buzz Hanson, both previously completing the loop, who provided much information, charts, equipment and support. As corny as it may sound, I am very thankful for the PELICAN, that safely and comfortably, made this trip such a great pleasure.
God bless you and this great nation we live in. Remember, only you can live your dream. Don't let it pass you buy.
Carl



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carl! Quite an adventure. I really appreciate you stopping by Sarasota. Any plans for your next trip?

    Mike Cogswell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation to you. I really enjoyed following the trip. I too owned a 1978 Conboy trawler, the EMMA PEEL and loved every inch of her. She is somewhere in Canada at this time. I become teary eyed every time I visit this site.

    Philip F. Filosa
    redtoport@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete