Sunday, June 6, 2010

We spent Wednesday night hanging on the hook (anchored) in Mile Hammock Bay which is just north of New River. This is actually part of Camp Lejune Marine Base. There were 8 or 10 boats anchored in this area. Less than a 1/4 mile away the Osprey were doing touch and go landing. It was very interesting to watch. This type thing makes you proud to be an American.
Thursday, the 3rd we started north. Passing through Swansboro and up Bogue Sound.
We stopped and spent the night at Morehead City Yacht Basin. We walked down the Morehead City waterfront and the docks, looking at boats. For those of you that know me, I'm sure you are surprised that I'd be interested in looking at boats. I have to say there were more sports fishing boats in this immediate area than any other place I've visited.
The picture above is the bridge to Beaufort and the storage facilities at the Morehead City Port Authority. It is Friday and we are heading to Oriental. Can you tell I'm beginning to drag my feet about getting home. The trip is beginning to become a little bitter/sweet. I want to see my family and friends but I don't want this trip to end.




1 comment:

  1. It's this the carl barwick that used to live at 3507 powell st in new bern? If it is leave me a comment on my blog or call me it's 3363248504
    We found some interesting things in the wall while remodeling our den

    ReplyDelete